All kinds of posts!
Once you're on the Writing page, the world is your oyster in terms of the content you can create. Create quick snippets of info, send them to Twitter, and do some basic HTML editing. Create beautifully laid-out articles or content curations in our WYSIWYG editor.
The Quick Editor is your tool for quickly creating short snippets of content or to include HTML elements within a stream (think, embedding media via an iframe). Publishing text is as simple as typing and pressing enter. Additional things you can do include:
- Add HTML formatting. You'll notice when you use this tool that it adds the HTML to the post. Once it is published you will see the HTML formatting. Here's a list of tags we support.
- Add media. Here you can upload images, audio, video or PDF files, create a poll, or record a video from your webcam.
- Add a content icon. Visually differentiate your content and add a banner to it to separate it from other content in your stream.
- Schedule it! You can create content and schedule it to go live in your stream at a later date and time.
- Tweet + Post. Write it once, post it twice with our Tweet + Post feature, which allows you to simultaneously send content to Twitter and your stream. You can choose to add a linkback to the post in your stream to help close the loop between social promotion and driving people to your site.
Bonus! Additionally, you can create URL previews by simply pasting a URL in the Quick editor, making curating content easier than ever. We will automatically pull the og:image, title and description from the page you paste in to create the preview.
When you're ready to publish the content, hit Enter or click Save Post. (You can turn off the Enter-to-Post functionality by hovering over the right-hand side of the Save Post button.) Once it is published, you can grab a permalink to the post, or its embed code, if you would like to embed it on your site as a Content Atom.
Our Advanced Editor allows you to format your content in more ways, and drag and drop additional elements to sit just the way you like them. It is our WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get). In addition to the drag and drop functionality, here's how to
- Add formatting directly to a post. Unlike the Quick Editor, when you add formatting in the Advanced Editor, you can preview exactly how the content will look when it is published. Formatting options available to you: Lists (ordered and bulleted), headers, pullquotes, links, and media.
- Add media. Here you can upload images, audio, video or PDF files, create a poll, or record a video from your webcam. This is unchanged from the Quick Editor view.
- Add a content icon. Visually differentiate your content and add a banner to it to separate it from other content in your stream. This is unchanged from the Quick Editor view.
- Schedule it! You can create content and schedule it to go live in your stream at a later date and time. This is unchanged from the Quick Editor view.
When you're ready to publish the content, click Save Post. The post will appear in the stream below. Once it is published, you can grab a permalink to the post, or its embed code, if you would like to embed it on your site as a Content Atom.
Other things you can do include:
- Publish external content (pt 1): Copy and paste a URL into the Quick Editor and save the post, and we'll render a preview of that page. Curating and creating context has never been so easy!
- Publish external content (pt 2): Copy and paste an HTML embed code (read: <iframe>) into the Quick Editor and we'll render the media you're trying to embed. Think: Streaming video, audio files, Google Maps, other third-party players, etc.
- Create curations: In the Advanced Editor, use the social sidebar to drag and drop third-party and social media elements into your stream. You can also add any already-published content to an Advanced post. (Think: You have embedded a Google map, but want to add context to it. Embed the map in a Quick post, then add it to an Advanced Post and add context to it. You can delete the original without affecting the new Advanced post.)
- Create slideshows: Drag and drop photos or tweets on top of one another to create a slideshow.
Here's an overview video that includes publishing original and social content to a stream.